There’s a lot of misinformation clouding the benefits of using a broker for your mortgage needs vs. a bank or a direct lender. We can show you the benefits and reasonings why a broker is the best choice for you.
WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT A BROKER?
Expertise and Qualifications
Mortgage brokers must be licensed in the state that you are purchasing or refinancing in. My team and I are licensed in Florida, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In order to get approved a broker must take a full education course, pass a written exam and get licensed. In order to obtain a license a broker or loan originator must pass a credit check and a criminal background investigation. Once they are licensed they are also required to take continuing education to stay up to date on the industry as well as learn any new adjustments. A large portion of the yearly continuing ed is based on protecting the consumer from fraud and deceptive practices.
Mortgage brokers fall under and must comply with, federal and state regulations and business rules. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry maintains a national database of all active and inactively licensed individuals. You can search for a licensee here.
Brokers Fit Your Mortgage to Your Needs
Instead of forcing you inside of some fast food style box loan like most bigger retail mortgage shops, a mortgage broker will look at your specific needs and wants to find the best fit for you. We will take your scenario and shop it to one of our many lenders. By doing this we find you the best rate, the best credits, discounts, servicing and overall experience. Shopping rates on your own can increase your hard inquiries and decrease your credit score. It also takes multiple applications and time for you to apply at each new bank or lender. As a broker we quarterback your whole mortgage experience from the moment you contact us to after your closing and beyond. We’re here for any questions you have even after the 9-5 banks have been closed, especially on nights and weekends when you are ACTIVELY searching for a home.
At The Orlicki Group we have access to a large network of lenders and loan programs. Brokers have access to far more loan products than big retail lenders and large-scale banks. Along with conventional mortgage programs brokers and also offer a number of non-qualifying mortgage programs as well. We offer bank statement programs, great options for self-employed and alternatively employed borrower programs, investor programs, foreign national programs, and asset depletion programs.
In a recent poll taken of home buyers 92% said that their broker offered equal, better or much better rates. 93% noted that their broker offered better or much better selection of products and 93% said their broker was equal, better or much better than their bank at helping their clients understand the mortgage options available to them.* http://www.scottdawson.ca/brokers-vs-banks-infographic/
Some wholesale lenders work exclusively with mortgage brokers. Working with us will give you access to loans that would otherwise be unavailable to you if you searched on your own. If your personal situation includes issues like bad credit, low-income, low down payment or a recent bankruptcy, short-sale or foreclosure we can find you alternative means of financing that most banks aren’t able to.
- If there are any challenges in your financial history, brokers can deal with it early in the application process and find a solution to get you approved.
- A mortgage broker’s compensation is clearly disclosed on your closing statement. Direct mortgage lenders and financial institutions do not have to disclose in the same fashion.
- Large companies move slowly. Our team can reduce turn times and paper shuffling. Fewer people will have access to your personal information.
- Unlike mortgage brokers who are licensed, loan originators working for depository banks are not required to be.
- Mortgage brokers have less overhead which means lower mortgage rates and lower fees for you.
- Mortgage brokers comparison shop, select and negotiate the most favorable interest rates and terms to meet your financial situation.
- Mortgage brokers manage your loan from start to finish—from application to closing. Banks have multiple divisions and numerous people involved that may not be familiar with your file.
- Mortgage brokers are more accessible. Most mortgage lenders and banks do not work on weekends. This is the most important time to be available because it’s when most home buyers are shopping and have questions.
IS A MORTGAGE BROKER RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you are ready to purchase or refinance a home, we are more than capable to help you with the expertise of a broker. When you’re looking to buy a home, having someone you can trust handling your mortgage needs is essential. If you value personal service, a wide variety of loan options, and low-interest rates, then you may want to consider a mortgage broker. If you need a mortgage broker in New York, New Jersey, Florida, Pennsylvania I’m more than happy to assist you. Get in touch today!